PST Technician I (TI)
PST Technician I (TI)
Under immediate supervision, assists in the installation and removal of underground/ aboveground storage tanks (UST/AST), assists in the repair and upgrade of fueling systems and also perform a variety of other related work as required.
The TI is the entry level class in the series, distinguished from the TII in that the TI does not operate heavy equipment or perform repair work unsupervised. Assignments are generally limited in scope and are set within procedural frameworks established by higher level positions. As experience accrues, the TI performs with increasing independence. Work requires the TI to exercise some judgment in selecting appropriate established guidelines to follow; significant deviations require prior approval. Interpretation of general administrative or operational policies is sometimes necessary.
Receives immediate supervision from the Project Superintendent on the job site; however reports directly to the Division Manager on all issues not job specific.
Examples of Essential Duties
The following duties represent the principal job duties; however, they are not allinclusive.
- Assist in the installation and removal of UST/AST
- Assist in the repair and upgrade of fueling systems
- Assist in building forms and laying rebar
- Hand digging for piping trenches
- Sweep and clean job site
- Maintain and clean vehicles, equipment and tools
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop area
Examples of Other Duties
The following duties represent duties that are generally performed by this position, but are not considered to be principal job duties:
· Assist in taking inventory
· Distribute brochures & marketing materials to prospective new clients
· Perform related duties as required
- Operate equipment and tools with skill and safety
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Maintain cooperative relationships with coworkers, the public and our clients
- Learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency
License or Certificate:
- Must possess a valid State of Texas driver’s license of the appropriate class.
Career Ladder Information
Experience gained in this classification may serve to meet the minimum requirements for promotion to. Technician II.