Safety is a very high priority for UST; NO EXCEPTIONS. Most projects have incorporated the superintendent’s role with the safety officer; however, UST utilizes a separate safety officer when the size of project warrants one.
Our project crews are required to maintain OSHA 10 & 30-hour course certifications.
UST models its safety program after OSHA and the Army Corp of Engineers EM385-1-1 to meet the specifics of any given project. All aspects of a project have equal weighting in terms of importance with the exception of safety which receives the highest priority.
UST implements monthly safety committees and provides process training presentations designed to increase focus on safety awareness & attitude.
UST provides the following safety training and education:
- OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Training
- EM 385-1-1 40 Hour Training
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Vehicle & Equipment Safety
- Excavating, Trenching & Shoring
- Confined Space
- Hearing Conservation
- Cranes, Rigging and Signaling
- Ladders & Scaffolding
- Energized Work & Lock-Out/Tag-Out